Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Gas< Kitchen Appliances, Dryers and BBQ's
Reload this Page >

gas ccoktop - flame of two of the 4 burners became smaller all of a sudden

gas ccoktop - flame of two of the 4 burners became smaller all of a sudden

Old 07-03-11, 06:37 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy gas ccoktop - flame of two of the 4 burners became smaller all of a sudden

I have a Kitchenaid Stove top, model: KGCT365BBL4. It has two small and two large burners. We just noticed yesterday that the flame size of 2 large burners became much smaller than used to be at the highest position. Its about the size of that of the medium position before. The size of the flame gradually changed to its normal minimum size when the knob turned to the lowest position. Whatís more puzzled is that this seemed to happen to both large burners at the some time. Flame size of the 2 small burners did not change from before. What could have happened? How can I restore the flame size? Iíve opened the burner box and did not find anything I can adjust.

Please advise, thank you.

Ed

Old 07-04-11, 06:26 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Ed. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I'll have to speculate here and offer a possible cause.

May be specific only to the appliance. The regulator installed on the appliance is a possibility. Ask about such problem type by going to a local appliance repair parts store in your area. And call the manufacturer regarding any known issues of that type.

Might be the gas volume supply. You did not mention what type fuel is used. Nat Gas or Propane. Either may be a supply problem based on the suppliers equipment. Have them come to the house and verify their equipment is working properly. Especially if there are other gas appliances in the house that may or may not be working correctly that you're not aware of.

"Be sure the electrical power and the gas supply to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part."

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: