Kenmore gas oven

Old 07-15-11, 06:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore gas oven

I have a Kenmore #362.75671691 gas oven. It lights then goes out, relights, goes out on & on. Takes a long time to preheat about 1 hour for 500 degrees. Igniter again? Igniter stays glowing red hot even as the burner goes out and relights. I can't find this model # at Kenmore or GE websites. I was looking for a service manual. Range is 12-15 yrs old. I replaced the broiler igniter about 7 or 8 yrs ago. The oven igniter looks alot more difficult.

Last edited by mac200; 07-15-11 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-11, 03:07 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello mac200. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Chances are the gas control valve is defective. Needs to be replaced and best to also replace the Hot Surface Igniter at the same time. Often both are replaced at the same time as a matched set. Mostly because they both wear out about the same time and also to insure correct operation results in one service call by service agents.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers on line web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available on line.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Read The Sticky Help Note In This Topic:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. Range/Stove/Oven/Broiler Info, Leak Detection, Fault Codes, Fuel Conversion & Links - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Sponsors Web Sites:
Appliance Parts, Pictures & Help:
Appliance Parts From PartSelect | Repair Parts For Major Appliances

Appliances Parts & Help:
Appliance Parts, Repair Help and Service Referral

Appliances Parts:
Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Kitchen Appliance Parts:
http://www.parts-depot.online.com

Sears - Whirlpool Appliance Parts: (with pictures & diagrams)
Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts

Sears Services:
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Repair Manuals:
Uncle Harry's Appliance Repair Manuals, Videos, and Training

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Old 07-17-11, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your help. I'll look into that. I've been thinking that it's more than the igniter.