gas heater

Old 01-04-01, 02:54 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I have an unvented lp gas heater, I want to convert it to a natural gas heater. Does the control valve need to be changed or can you just change the orfice and adjust the pressures.
Old 01-04-01, 05:29 PM
Sharp Advice's Avatar
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 1998
Location: The Shake and Bake State USA
Posts: 9,927
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts

Without seeing or knowing exactly what type of gas control valve the appliance has, what brand heater it is and how old it is, it would be almost impossible <maybe unsafe> to offer you advice. It might not even be safe to offer you conversion instructions even if you posted the brand name and other info about the gas valve.

Therefore, the safest and best method is to remove the gas valve or take the complete heating unit to the local appliance parts store and either replace the valve, purchase the conversion kit and install it yourself or have the work done.

Since your safety is of high regard. Your dealing with a fuel that is designed to burn, therefore, kindly consider my position here.

To make matters worse, this is an unvented heater also. Overgassing it <too large a flames> will add more carbon monoxides then even one correctly convered and adjusted. Therefore, I suggest you have it professionally done.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: