Older Tappan Oven

Old 09-24-11, 01:38 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Older Tappan Oven

I have an older (20+ years) Tappan Continuous Cleaning Gas Oven. I need to replace the oven and burner knobs, but I need the model number. I found the following numbers on a label under the cooktop: 30.2538-23/01292-87434459. What part is the model number? Any suggestions on where to look for replacement parts besides starting at Google? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-11, 06:17 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello bugsyboy and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

Manufacturers rating plate or sticker and or sticker that has the model and serial numbers can be located almost anywhere on the appliance. Might be on the back of the appliance, under the top lid, if it has one that lifts up, on the oven and/or broiler door frame or anywhere inside the appliance. One always has to look for it. But there will be one some where. Required by law to have one.

All else fails, take a photo picture of the knobs and front of the appliance and bring the photo(s) to a local RETAIL (Brick and Mortar) (Walk In Store) appliance parts store in your area. Attempting to search or locate what you want on line isn't always the best possible solution nor method. Especially if one does not know exactly what part(s) is needed. IMO.