How to use a new Weber propane grill off my house bulk propane line

Old 10-03-11, 08:32 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to use a new Weber propane grill off my house bulk propane line

I bought a new Weber Genesis EP-310 Propane Grill. I assumed I could run it off my bulk propane line (I have two 100 gal tanks that supply a few gas appliances) the way I had done with my last grill. My propane company had installed a line, with a shut off valve, for my old gas grill. Weber, it turns out, doesn't allow for that. They hinted that I could modify something to make it possible, but wouldn't tell me what. They said it would void the warrantee. The convenience of not having to refill and haul 20 gallon propane tanks is attractive enough to make me willing to void the warrantee. Does anybody know what changes need to be made to this weber grill to allow it to function off my bulk line? Any help in this would be appreciated.

Old 10-04-11, 07:34 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Elisha. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

In order to provide you with the correct information, kindly provide me with more specific details pertaining to the (GRILL) appliance.

Are you referring to an outdoor flat top iron grill like the one that would be used to make pancakes and or fry bacon?

Or

An indoor kitchen flat top iron grill like the one that would be used to make pancakes and or fry bacon?

A BBQ grill used outdoors on a patio that would be connected to an existing BBQ propane gas supply line?

Kindly use the reply button to add the above requested additional information. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: