Maytag Gas Range conversion from LP *BACK* to Natural Gas

Old 10-14-11, 05:59 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag Gas Range conversion from LP *BACK* to Natural Gas

We have a Maytag Gemini (5 burner, double oven) gas range that we are converting FROM LP gas BACK TO Natural Gas. We ordered the orifices from Maytag and have switched out the 5 burners. We now need to adjust the regulator in the oven. Does anyone know how to do this? (We have had an extremely difficult time finding a repair tech to handle this. My husband is extremely handy but he is not a gas expert.)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-11, 06:32 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello tbrown62 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

On the regulator will be either a set screw or a tiny lever with markings that indicate the position either the lever or set screw has to be in for the fuel type. Turn or move the which ever applies to the fuel type to be used.

Propane Gas Informational Pages Here:

http://energy.growmark.com/propane/index.html

Additional fuel conversion information will be found in the sticky note >HERE<

Maytag Appliance Home Page:
Maytag | Kitchen, Laundry & Home Appliances
Maytag 1-800-688-9900 USA
Maytag 1-800-688-2002 Canada
Maytag is also the maker of Amana, Jenn-Air, Magic Chef and Caloric Appliances.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Old 10-31-11, 06:22 AM
T
Where is regulator and set screw?

Thanks for your help, but we cannot seem to find the regular & set screw to change from LP to Nat. Gas. Any idea where this might be on the stove?

Old 11-01-11, 05:58 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: tbrown62

Appliance regulator is installed on the gas inlet pipe of the appliance. Some where on the appliance where the gas supply enters the range/stove and/or appliance.

Follow the gas line from the gas supply pipe or tube extending out of the wall or in some instances iron pipe or propane gas tube extending up through the floor.

Once either of the above is located, there will be a gas flex tube or flexible connector connected to the gas supply line. It will then be attached to the appliances gas inlet black pipe. That part where the gas line enters the appliance is the gas regulator.

On the regulator some where will be something to turn (set screw and/or lever) that converts from one fuel type to another. Markings are on the regulator indicating which fuel type and position set screw or lever needs to be in for the fuel type used.

Old 11-01-11, 06:09 AM
T
location of regulator

We found the regulator, but there is nothing to adjust, no set screw, etc. Is it possible the repairman who set this stove up for LP gas, REPLACED the original regulator?

Old 11-02-11, 07:35 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Hello: tbrown62

Anything is possible or almost anything is possible, when the appliance was converted prior.

Your statement from original post above:
"We now need to adjust the regulator in the oven."
Reply:
An ovens regulator often does not need to be converted separately. Only the appliances inlet regulator located as and where mentioned above. On the main gas inlet pipe.

If at all possible, take a few pictures and post them on a photo web site and put the link to them into your next reply if possible. A picture says a thousand words.

Alternative is to call the manufacturer using the phone number provided in my reply above. Very likely Maytag service will be able to provide you with all the specific details I cannot do here in a text only format.

Regards and Good Luck.

Old 12-08-11, 10:37 AM
D
Want to convert Lp to Natural Gas for Jennair PRG4810LP

Hi, I'm looking at a used JenneAir range/stove PRG4810LP that is propane (LP) and want to know if it can be converted to Natural gas here in canada. They are saying it can't be converted and I thought that was odd. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Darren

Old 12-09-11, 06:32 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello Darren. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I see you posted your question onto an already posted question by another member. Almost missed it as a result. Should have been posted as a new members question.

But since it's posted here, WHO? is THEY? said it can't be converted???? Whoever THEY are, They might be right. Not worth the time nor expense. Might be worth it to just buy an already set up to burn natural gas instead of attempting to convert the existing appliance.

I am not familiar with Canada's codes pertaining to fuel for appliances.

Old 12-12-11, 10:38 AM
D
Thanks for the reply Sharp. They were the sales people at our local Sears Bargain Center. The returns for Sears stores all across western canada.
Thanks for your help, looks like I'll keep looking.
Darren

Old 12-12-11, 03:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I would start by reading the manual that should be available on the range. That might tell you whether the range can be coverted and sometimes a parts kit to do the job is available.

If no good answer there, I would call the manufacturer's service line with the model and serial number of the equipment and see what they say.

The people at Sears might be right, or might be wrong. I'd look for a more authoritative answer as described above.