gas oven

Old 01-09-01, 12:54 PM
Visiting Guest
Question gas stove

i have an oooold old gas stove. the stove top burners are slow to light, but they work. the oven, however, clicks and clicks but never seems to heat up, even if the clicking eventually stops. this makes me nervous, and i always end up turning it off and eating soup. is there a place to light the pilot light of a stove manually if it is supposed to light automatically? is there a separate connection for the stove pilot and the burner pilot that might be damaged and therefore fixed? am i taking my life in my hands for the cost of takeout?
thanks

Old 01-09-01, 06:09 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb

Hi:elaine kin

If your oven is "clicking" to light a pilot, then it isn't quite that old...<haha>

Either the oven pilot is plugged or restricted. The assembly most likely will have to be removed and cleaned, if this is the case.

Other possibilities could be the gas isolation valve is turned off, the pilot assembly is misalighned, no gas is getting to the pilot thru the thermostat and several other causes may be part of the problem.

If your local gas utility offers in home minor appliance service, call them. The service person will know what to do about that pilot assembly. Much to difficult to explain how to remove, clean and replace that item.

The gas rep. could also adjust the air fuel mixture to help the top burners ignite better and clear any restricted ignition ports, while there for the oven pilot. Call the supplier and ask for a service call.
Saw and Tool Sharpening, Small Engine Service & Repair Technican.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: