stove top snapping

Old 01-14-01, 11:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

i have a gas stove top with an electric ignition. after the burner has lit it still makes a snapping noise. also other burners that i have not turned on snap and i can see the spark. any idea's? the snapping noise is driving me nuts!

Old 01-14-01, 05:13 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by msinski
i have a gas stove top with an electric ignition. after the burner has lit it still makes a snapping noise. also other burners that i have not turned on snap and i can see the spark. any idea's? the snapping noise is driving me nuts!
I had this exact same problem, mine was a full gas range but it was the same problem with the top burners. On mine all ignitors spark in the ignitor position no matter which burner you turn on, and it is the way it was designed. In my case, one perticular burner control pot when used would keep the ignitor going even after the flame ignited and the control was not position over the igniter point. How to solve, well in my case I remove the knobs over each of the controls, removed the cover/trim that went over the controls, and if you looked very closely you could see that a ring/possibly magnetic with wires attached, was not staying in position, and was moving as the control was turned. With a little positioning and trying the burner, you could quickly figure out its correct position, however it would not stay put and was still a bit lose for my likely and did not want to faced with doing this procedure again in a week or so, and being the cheap person I am, and not wanting to replace an item that technicly worked; I used electrical tape to hold it in position. I was first concerned about heat and it effect son the electrical tape, but after carefull observation I was convinced there was not a heat concern where the control was located. re-installed the cover , returned the knobs, and never had a problem since.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: