Gas Barbeque Regulator Leaking

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-12, 03:24 PM
Gas Barbeque Regulator Leaking

I have a Sonoma Platinum Edition Grill using propane. When I tried to use it this week, there was a leak coming from the regulator. The leak is around what appears to be a flat seal pressed into the top. If I just barely touch it the leak stops. I'm assuming nothing can be done to fix it. Just thought I would ask before I try to find another one.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-12, 07:36 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: deweyman

There is always the chance of a flash over fire as a result of a leak. Even though it seems to stop leaking when touched, that seal may begin leaking during BBQ usage while unattended.

Best suggestion would be to replace the regulator with a new OEM part. Not all that expensive and should be readily available at your local outdoor patio supply dealer or a local appliance parts store.

Old 03-06-12, 09:53 AM
Thanks. I was just wondering if it was possible to use some of that metallized epoxy to seal the top closed. Probably not worth the risk of coming loose.

Old 05-29-13, 09:24 PM
remedy

If gas leaks out of the back of the black knob, it is the seal inside the valve. Don't waist your time and money on replacing the regulator. If the seal is cracked slightly or not perfectly round, it will leak.

Old 05-29-13, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks djdevo. Thread is old so I am closing it.

Closed Thread