useless spinning washer

Old 01-20-01, 07:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I washed an older blanket today which promptly fall apart into billions of tiny wet soggy crumbs. I cleaned out all the residue & on the next load (it's Saturday, I had 12 loads down and 8 to go...) it seemed to be fine until the spin cycle. It sounds like it's spinning but it doesn't. Is this soemthing we can take care of ourselves or will I be waiting on a friendly repairperson with my check book?
It's a Whirlpool Ultimate Care LSQ9244EQO. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-21-01, 05:04 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow

Hi:tcsjt

I suggest you post this topic in the forum for electric appliances. In that forum you should be able to get the help needed.

Sorry, I only deal with gas appliances in this forum.

Old 01-23-01, 10:30 AM
Torch
Visiting Guest
I would run the washer again with the lid open (make sure you hold the switch to make it think the lid is closed) and see if the drum ever spins. My guess is that it won't. First, if there is a cap at the top of the center spindle, take it off and tighten any nut hidden below it, re-install the cap and make sure it is snug. If that does not fix the problem, take off the back panel and see if the belt is broken. Some machines don't use belts and instead use a rubber isolation bushing (works like a car's universal joint). If this bushing is bad, there is usually a pile of rubber shavings on the floor. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: