Fire Place

Old 02-07-01, 08:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
We are going to be moving into our house we just bought, and what was a fire place was converted into a gas natural gas place with the insert, what will it take to convert it back?

Old 02-07-01, 09:10 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi:Plumber2000

The very first item to check is the location of the gas supply line. This feed line will have to be either totally capped off or used to supply gas to a log lighter. Your choice.

Next item will be to remove the insert. Behind it, lets hope, is the orginal hearth. You'll have to remove the insert and find out.

Basically, what you wil be doing is restoring anything that was orginally there. All of it should be which will make the job far easier.

Be sure to check for the damper. It may have been removed to make room for the inserts flue if one is used. Some insert may not have a flue vent of it's own but use the orginal chimney.

When you tear into this project, post back in this thread your findings. We all could learn from your adventures..

BTW: The active drippy faucet logo is cool...

Regards,
Tom

Old 02-07-01, 09:14 PM
I will let you know it will be a month from now.

Old 02-07-01, 09:36 PM
Admin Emeritus
Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be here waitting for your project update. Good Luck with the DoItYourself home improvement!

By The Way <BTW> if you have one or know of where I can obtain an active stove top blue burner flame logo complete with grate about the size of a postage stamp, let me know.

That would compliment my postings in the forum...

Another one could be an active revolving saw blade of about postage stamp size for my other forum sharpening.

Regards,
Tom

Old 02-09-01, 07:48 AM
Tom,

I looked high and low for the burner gif but can't find one, I find lots of fire ones, but not one you would want, if you find one let me know. If you want it edited with your name or something in it, I can do that for you, just let me know.

Old 02-09-01, 01:15 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thanks for your quick reply. I had looked several places also but never found any that was exactly correct either.

Mostly do to the fact that I also wanted one that had animation action. Those I found where still pictures.

I had orginally thought I was looking "In All The Wrong Places" to quote a song phrase...haha. Now thanks to your professional checking I know there currently isn't any.

I thank you kindly for you efforts. If you happen across any sometime in the future, post me here.

Sincerely,
No Logo....
Tom

Old 02-16-01, 03:19 PM
A
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Tom,

Here is a spinning saw blade GIF

Not sure it is what you were looking for, but took me about 20 sec. to find.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: