gas dyer repair

Old 02-08-01, 06:54 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a Whrilpool gas dyer (model # LGR7646EQ3) that will not heat.
Dyer will run but will not heat: I have replaced the igniter and still no heat. I understanding that there is a Tthermal fuse, should that be my next part to try. It could be expensive I keep doing this by trial and error. Am I on the right track or should I be doing something different?

Thanks!

Old 02-08-01, 07:36 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Timer/Solenoid

Hi:joe

Chances are good it's either the timers internal contacts not making contact or one of the solenoids is defective.

To determine this, turn the timer to a timed setting and turn it on. You should then immediately hear one solenoid CLICK. If so, the timer is working and it's a solenoid. If not, could be that timer is defective.

You could unplug the dryer and remove the timer and ON switch {if it has both} and the whole gas valve. Take those or any other questionable parts to the local appliance retail store for no cost testing.

The thermostat, etc. are all automatically resetting. Be sure the control panel settings are correct too. Be surprised how often I have found a selector switch or timer set to AIR DRY. Makes for an easy service call and quicky service charge...haha...

Be sure to turn off the gas if removing the gas valve. Also the power always. Make a hand drawing picture of how everything your going to remove is currently installed prior to it's removal.

There is lots more information on dryers in the archives of this forum, if you need and want more information.

Old 02-08-01, 07:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Tom: One last question--Where are the solenoids located?

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Old 02-08-01, 08:20 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello:joe

OOOPS! Excuse me. I forgot to mention that. The solenoids are mounted directly on top of the gas valve. There will be two wire quick disconnects, one each to the solenoids.

Also notice that one solenoid wire quick disconnect is installed upside down as compared to the other. If you install the solenoids yourself, not to worry. They each install differently and are NOT interchangeable.

TIPS:
The wire quick disconnects may not be non interchangeable. Be sure to note which wire disconnect goes to which solenoid.

There is a tiny lever just to the side of the gas valve set on top of the gas supply line. This can be used to turn off the gas supply if your removing the valve.

The nut on the valve body that connects to the gas pipe is counter threaded...which means it loosens {backwards}clockwise and not counterclockwise as standard.

Good Luck,
Tom

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: