Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Gas< Kitchen Appliances, Dryers and BBQ's
Reload this Page >

How to connect propane grill to quick connect with female cylinder attachment?

Old 04-28-13, 09:04 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have researched and researched, and cannot figure out what kind of adapter I need. My grill has the female attachment for a large cylinder, and my home has a quick connect that comes from the supply line. How do I connect them? Pictures attached. Thanks!

Attached Images   
Old 04-28-13, 09:11 PM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Your grille is set up to use propane. Most likely the connection on the house is natural gas, the two are not immediately interchangeable. In many cases you CAN convert the grille to use natural gas but then it will no longer be usable with propane.

Now IF your house is served by propane then you would need to know the pressure at this quick connect and then adapt the grille appropriately. The hoses and regulators are readily available from propane and gas appliance service centers or over the Internet.

Old 04-28-13, 09:41 PM
H
Thanks for the reply. Both the grill and house are on propane. How do I figure out the pressure, and what do you mean by adapting the grill appropriately? I have looked everywhere and don't know which part to look for, do you have any idea?

Thank you.

Old 05-03-13, 02:58 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,161 Likes on 2,840 Posts
The fitting you are showing us fits a propane tank. It's called a P.O.L. fitting.

The best way handle it may be to contact your grille for a combination quick connect hose and regulator for your grille.

You won't find a propane tank adapter fitting. You'll need to remove that hose and regulator and replace them with a setup for Q/D.

Old 05-03-13, 03:28 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quick disconnect hose for gas grill: compare prices and read reviews - Bing Shopping

Look on the side of the disconnect you have now to see what type fitting it is to match it up.

Old 05-26-13, 01:44 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello: Happyhudsons

Might be a bit late and hopefully you'll return soon.

Have you noticed the related products ad to the right?

If you did not, rest assured. You're not the only one... nor alone...

So many members fail to note the related products. Which provide products based on key words both in the title as well as in the post.

Quick Disconnect Hose (third product down) might be what you're looking for...

Old 05-14-14, 08:30 AM
I
I have the same problem at my house. We moved into a house with a large propane tank on the side of the house and the female quick connect adjacent to the grill. But my grill only has the screw in connection needed for a standard 20lb propane tank. What do I need to get?? Please help - weather is getting nice and I want to be able to grill!
Thanks

Old 05-14-14, 12:44 PM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
As I posted way back in the beginning you need to ascertain the pressure at that quick connect fitting. If it is 11 inches water column then all you need is to replace the hose and regulator on the grille now with a new hose that has the proper mating connector.

Sometimes when propane is piped from a large tank to the house a "house" regulator is used to drop the intermediate pressure from the tank (usually 10 psi) to the normal 11 inches WC used by the various appliances. Other times the 10 psi will be piped all the way to the appliances and an individual appliance regulator is used on each and every appliance. This is why you need to determine what pressure you have at the quick connect before proceeding.

Your propane supplier will have any necessary regulators, hoses and mating quick connectors in stock. Easiest thing is to call them for further advice. Fuel gas, and especially propane, is not to be experimented with willy-nilly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: