Maytag Gas Dryer

Old 02-11-01, 05:03 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

My Maytag Gas dryer "rumbles" when it run. Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks

Old 02-11-01, 05:46 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb Worn Rollers/Slider or Glider Parts

Hi:MarkT2131

The noise your hearing is caused by worn rollers and or slider/glider pads. These items have several generic names and some dryers do not even have rollers.

Any combo of these parts may be used to support the drum. They are the worn out parts that will need to be replaced to correct the problem.

You'll find lots more infomation posted in the archives of this forum on this topic. Basically you'll need to open the dryers cabinet to access the parts. The basic instructions for this are also found in the archives.

Best idea is to write down the model and serial numbers and stop in at the local appliance parts retail store. It's always best in my opinion to have all the needed parts in hand prior to opening the dryer.

Often times the needed parts are stocked. At other times need to be ordered. Therefore, keeping the dryer running until all the parts are in hand is the better method. You may also consider replacing the belt also.

Be sure to disconnect the electric cord and turn off the gas supply valve on the supply pipe coming out of the wall prior to attempting any repairs. Also cleanout all lint in the cabinet and clear the exhaust vent tubing.

Old 02-15-01, 07:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Tom Bartco, Thanks for the information to repair my Maytg Gas Dryer. I purchased the parts as you suggested and replaced them all when I opened the dryer cabinet. It runs beter than new and much quieter now! Thanks again for your help. MarkT2131

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: