Whirlpool Propane Dryer will ignite once then nothing but spinning....

Old 08-06-13, 05:50 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Propane Dryer will ignite once then nothing but spinning....

Hi,
I have a Whirlpool Propane Dryer model LGR8648PQO which is not drying. I checked and cleaned vent and inside. I also watched it cycle through the port hole in the front. When cold it will cycle correctly....click...then glow and ignite. After that is will glow but not engage gas nor ignite. The first solution I found online was the valve coils which I bought to replace but when I did it would engage the glow igniter but not engage gas nor shut off but rather just glow for a long period of time till I shut down. Could I have bought a bum coil online or could this be a different issue. Please let me know before my wife makes me buy a new machine! =)

Old 08-06-13, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,187 Likes on 2,862 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I removed your post from the electric forum. We'll just use this thread to eliminate any confusion.

Interesting problem. A friend of mine is in the same exact boat. He changed the coils and his was intermittently lighting. He found a loose connection between the dryer harness and one of the coils. Check and make sure all the pins are tight.

Old 08-07-13, 03:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Very common problem for bad coils. Replace both coils. Coils are mounted on gas valve.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: