Gas to Electric dryer conversion

Old 02-17-01, 10:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I own a Kenmore 80 series gas dryer. Originally the dryer was purchased new as an electric but was converted to gas at the department store. I'm moving to an area that does not use gas. Is it possible to convert the dryer back to electric? Where could I find information on how to do this?

Old 02-18-01, 05:33 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb

Hi:CWarrior

Professionally I have never this type of conversion nor have I ever heard of it done. From every posting from within this forum and the appliances {electric} forum have I ever seen a posting with that information.

I could stand to be corrected here, therefore, you may want to post this question in the electric appliances forum also.

In my opinion, what the store may have done without your being made aware of is switch machines. It's possible to convert a dryer but I doubt it would be cost effective either then as a new appliance nor now as a used appliance.

You may want to contact Sears, a local retail appliance parts store or a service repair company listed in your phone directory and ask about a conversion kit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: