noisy jennaire dryer

Old 02-18-01, 09:20 AM
Visiting Guest
when I rotate the drum, there is a screeching noise from the rear of the drum. I am thinking the drum rollers are bad and need replaced. Is that a possiblity? Secondly, I have seen diagrams of the threading of the belt through the idling mechanism for other brands, but not for Jennaire. How can I find this? Thanks

Old 02-18-01, 10:07 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi:Ron

Your correct regarding the rollers. Also check, if your model is equipped with, a center rear drum bearing. This may also be a part causing the noise.

Another item to check is the slider/glider pads or rollers <if equipped with> parts which support the front of the drum.

To access these parts, the back and front panels will need to be removed. Instructions on all of this can be found within the archives of this forum on the same appliance subject.

Regarding the belts positioning around the pulleys, my best suggestion is to make a hand drawing of the positions prior to removing the belt. Then store that drawing within the dryers upper rear removable panel.

You should also check behind the upper rear panel, which is located directly behind the front control panel, for an instructional booklet, leaflet or diagram. Also possible the above mentioned item may be found taped to any other removable panel.

While your attempting this do-it-yourself project, a few words of caution and suggestions may be in order.

Besure to turn off the gas supply first.
Unplug the appliance.
Make any hand drawings you think will be needed for parts reassembly prior to there removal.
Contact or visit the local retail appliance parts store and besure they currently have in stock the parts needed prior to starting the repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: