gas water heater

Old 02-18-01, 12:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

the hot water pipe from gas water heater was recently replaced due to a leak and now i have no hot water and diminished water pressure. i have tried to bleed air out by turing off water intake and turning on hot water faucets (suggested by landlord) with only short time success. outlet pipe stays warm only short time and if water is turned back on, it comes out cold.

Old 02-18-01, 01:49 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The best way to bleed air is to leave the water supplies turned on fully and open faucets.

As to hot water, it sounds to me like you either have a broken dip tube in the hot water heater, or the person that replaced the hot water line did not do something correctly, or left a valve closed somewhere.

Old 02-18-01, 05:37 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hi:lunasea42

Rick offered you excellent advice, with one exception. Surely not a mistake on his part but rather a minor oversight.

Substitute the word "BEST" in the opening first sentence, with the word "ONLY". The only way to purge the air in the tanks is to open <or leave open> the incoming water valve and turn on at least one hot water faucet until all the air is purged out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: