kenmore gas oven model 911.3022990

Old 09-09-13, 05:31 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question kenmore gas oven model 911.3022990

I would like your commnets about my problem:
- the oven doesnīt heat, start up lighting and heating but the plate is on 400°F and the interior is warm.
- In the past I had problems with the switched on due that in the first intent doesnīt start heating. It was required a second intent for switch on.
- I changed the igniter and the last problem finish.
- My problem now is that the oven doesnīt send any fail message (like F1, F3, etc) and it works apparently well but doesnīt heat like the lecture plate.
- Iīm looking for a replacement of the electronic control board but first itīs very expensive(160 USD) and I want to be sure about the problem.
- In the other hand the proper replacement (part No. 346103)is not available, they said is out of the market and they offer a substitucion (WB27T10327) but they said that may be is required change wiring for installation.
Please give me your experiences or comments about that.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Gerardo GF

Old 09-09-13, 06:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,181 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not really sure what your problem is there.

You mention plate and lecture plate..... not really sure what that is.

You should set the temperature for what you want.... like 350...... the igniter should come on and 30 seconds or so later and the burner should light. If the igniter stays on for more than 90 seconds then you have may have an igniter problem again.

If the system works like above but doesn't reach the set point then you may have an oven temperature sensor problem.

The oven sensor is FSP # WB21X5301

In the link below is the sensor. Due to it's high price I would recommend testing it instead of just replacing. In the video is a section on how to test it. The sensor doesn't have to be bad, it could just be out of calibration enough to throw off the temperature but not enough to set a trouble code.

Oven Sensor WB21X5301 - part and testing from Repair Clinic

Last edited by PJmax; 09-09-13 at 06:53 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-10-13, 07:23 AM
G
Yesterday evening I made a sensor test with multimeter and I found a lecture with dissconnected sensor of 1088 ohms and according with the information is OK. What do you thing?

Old 09-10-13, 08:19 AM
G
I set the temperature in 350 and the system works properlyreaching the temparature but the point is that when I open oven window temperature inside is only warm, itīs not according with lecture. I set another manual BBQ sensor and the lecture is half of the oven lecture. May be the sensor is out of calibration but Iīm not sure. Please comments.

Old 09-10-13, 05:19 PM
G
Let me try to explain my problem in a proper way:

I have a kenmore gas oven Model # 911-3022990. I turn the oven on and the igniter starts to glow and than the gas burner comen on. As soon as the oven starts to get hot, the digital temperature display begins to increase. As soon as the digital temperature reaches the preset temperature I can hear a beep and than the igniter begins to dimm more and more until the gas burner goes out, But the tempreature of the oven is only warm. I have replaced the igniter plug and I check the sensor (1088 ohms) and itīs OK, but the problem is the same. What else am I supposed to do
Please comments.

Old 09-10-13, 05:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,181 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Well put......

When the oven approaches the set point it is supposed to beep and turn off the ignitor and burner. As soon as the oven cools a few degrees the igniter should come back on and burner should relight. The cycle should keep repeating over and over.

But...
From what you are saying....that is happening but when it happens the oven is not at the set point but is colder. So if you were to set it for 350 then you would hear the beep but it may not be at 350. Does it keep cycling at a lower temperature (checked with a thermometer) or does it not cycle at all.

If this cycle does not repeat after the first beep then it sounds like the control board has a problem.

If the cycle does keep repeating but at a lower temperature than what is set.... you may have a sensor or sensor wiring problem. That could include the plug in the back of the oven behind the sensor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: