New Gas range with electronic ignition. strong smell of gas

Old 10-01-13, 01:30 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Gas range with electronic ignition. strong smell of gas

I just had a brand new Frigidaire gas range installed in my home yesterday. I have checked the connections wiht soapy water and cannot find any leaks. There is a very strong smell of gas, so strong that I had to sleep with a window open and was still woken up by the smell of gas and with a headache. Do electronic ignition ranges have a pilot light? I read on other threads that the pilot light might need adjusting, but not even sure if it has one. Any tips on what might be causing this would be appreciated.

Old 10-01-13, 02:06 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Shut off the gas valve for the stove NOW. Open the windows to air out the house. Do NOT use fans. If odor persists cut the gas off at the meter. Have a plumber check for leaks as soon as possible. If you can't get a plumber by tomorrow call the gas company. Don't stay in the house untill the problem is fixed.

Electronic ignition stoves do not have standing pilots. Was the old flex connector reused? Have you checked the entire length of the flex for cracks/leaks? Have you checked all around the gas line valve core for leaks?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: