no spark

Old 12-18-13, 04:32 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry no spark

I have a Frigidaire Stove Model FPGF3081KFK. The front right Power Plus Boil Burner has no spark unless I remove the center oval 5th burner, then it works. When I replace the oval 5th burner, there is no spark. Any ideas would be appreciated. stove is only one and a half years old. Thanks Herbie

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-13, 05:40 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Old 12-19-13, 12:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,167 Votes on 1,082 Posts
That sounds rather unusual.

So normally.... four will spark and light normally and the right front won't light.
When you remove the center burner it stops sparking and the right front starts to spark.

I'd have to say the spark unit has low voltage.... enough to light 4 but not 5 burners.
Did you try removing one of the others to see what happens ?

I would check the right front spark unit for anything spilled in it causing the spark not to jump correctly. The other check I would do is to change the wires around on the spark module to see if the problem moves to a different burner. The spark module has a wire from it to each igniter.

Old 12-19-13, 07:09 PM
D
Thanks for your response, I removed all three caps and the only spark i get is the center burner. bright blue spark lift the center burner up a half inch and the right burner works perfect and evey time its turned on until the center burner is replaced then no spark.