Frigidaire Gas Range FGF375ESA Won't stay lit

Old 12-28-13, 02:53 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Gas Range FGF375ESA Won't stay lit

I have a Frigidaire gas range model FGF375ESA. Both the broiler and oven will light for ~1 minute and then go out. I removed the bottom cover and verified it isn't just the glow of the igniter but the gas flame is actually coming on for ~1 minute. I checked the RTD and at room temperature the resistance is 1075 ohms. I noticed the igniters quit glowing a few seconds before the flame goes out. It will relight again if you increase the set temperature on the control, but the same thing happens again. What should I check now/replace?

Old 12-28-13, 04:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There are two igniters.... one for the oven and one for the broiler.
The temperature sensor probe only functions with the oven. Since you are measuring 1075 ohms at room temperature... that falls within the 1000-1100 ohms at room temperature specs.

An igniter will typically cause that problem but since you are sure that the broiler is also not operating correctly then that points to a control board problem.

I don't like blatantly recommending replacing the control board unless I'm sure of everything else. I'm leaving you a link to repair clinic. They are one of the few companies that will take the parts back, even after the installation, if it's determined it's not the problem.

The OEM part number is 316418203. You can shop around using that part number or even check with your local appliance parts retailer.

Oven Control Board 316418203_365 day return policy @ Repair Clinic

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: