Gas Stove Sparkers Are Constantly Ticking!

Old 03-01-01, 09:16 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a Creda 4 burner gas stove. Suddenly the ignitors began ticking constantly.

If I turn on the front left burner it stops. If I turn on any other burner it does not help (keeps ticking).

The only way to get it to stop (besides keeping the front left burner on constantly) is to unplug it from the electrical outlet.

The ticking is going 24 hours a day and is driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-02-01, 04:46 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi McRae

There are several problems that cause the condition you discribed. The most comon is one of the switches that are located on the gas valves is stuck closed or shorted.

Another is moisture on the switch from a recent cleaning of the surface. This moisture from an excessively wet cleaning cloth or sponge has found it's way down onto the switch.

Other causes are do to parts failure or an improperly grounded electrical circuit. The wire going to the sparker is defective or the spark module itself is defective.

The Creda brand is one of the more delicate stove tops to deal with because of the sealed glass top. The top requires a special method and handling to be removed. Failure to know exactly how this is done could result in it's brakage.

With that thought in mind, it is highly suggested you contact the local authorized dealer for professional service. Replacement of the glass top is a costly expense.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: