Gas coming in but nothing works

Old 02-01-14, 08:05 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas coming in but nothing works

I have propane for cooking and heating part of my basement, was working flawlessly til the other day when I ran out of propane so I filled tank and no nothing works. Change regulator at the tank and checked at the house I have propane there and checked inside just before the heat and I have propane there but heater and stove do not work. I can't imagine both the heater and cooking stove would break at the same time or internal regulator go at the same time..

Curious if there is a minimum pressure or WC pressure needed to run and how to check if I have that pressure at the appliances

thanks
Chris

Old 02-01-14, 09:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,048 Upvotes on 3,631 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Change regulator at the tank
Why was the regulator changed ? The service person that replaced it should have checked its operating pressure.

The propane lines to the appliances may be full of air. Try opening a burner on the stove until you get gas there.

Old 02-01-14, 12:04 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello hvphotog. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Help us help you.

Post is lacking some specific details and information...

Is the tank you're referring to a back yard whole house tank for the entire house or a portable one like those used outdoors with a BBQ????

Cooking and heating all within the same appliance or each is individual units??? Stove has it's own built in heater????

Other propane appliances in the house? Like a dryer??? Fireplace? Trying to determine here what is working and exactly what propane appliances you have that are not working. With more details and specifics we can better advise you exactly what the problem is.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: