Gas oven does not ignite

Old 03-08-01, 06:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello,

I have a Frigidaire Gas Range that was purchased a little more than 2 years ago. Last night we used the self-clean mode and now the oven will not ignite. Both the broiler (waist-high) and stove-top burners are working fine. According to the wiring diagram, the gas to both the broiler and oven are supplied through a dual valve. I suspect that the oven igniter may be the culprit, but have no idea how to check this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim (New Mexico)

Old 03-08-01, 07:39 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi: Jim

I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say "ignite."
However, what I suspect you mean is the glow coil does not glow. To expedite the help for you, I shall offer you the possibilities. Use which applies.

If all the control panel selections are set correctly and the glow coil fails to lite, replace it. If the coil does glow an intense bright yellow orange color, the coil is fine.

The door safety switch may be stuck causing the gas valve not to open. The control panel selections may be incorrectly set.

If you mean the coil does glow but gas fails to come out of the burner, the gas valve could be defective.

Check the other postings in this forum {archives} on this topic for further information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: