Kenmore gas oven cleaning

Old 03-12-01, 08:41 AM
Visiting Guest
I was baking something in my Kenmore oven, and my husband turned the clean handle to the right. We got it back to its original position, but now the oven door will not open. Please advise!

Old 03-12-01, 06:00 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Smile Hands Off

Hi: guest

First thing to do is to tell hubby, in the future, to keep his "Hands Off!" haha...

Be sure all the controls on the control panel are correctly set. Also try unplugging the appliance and leave it unplugged overnight.

The unplugging it from the electrical power trick may work. It will clear the memory if the is a control modual behind the front glass decorative control panel.

If all else fails, try calling the Sears service center and request over the phone help.

If hubby is handy, he may be able to reach thru the locking handle slot and release the lock with a thin blade. Have the power cord removed from the wall socket first.

May have to remove the front glass panel to access the locking mechanism.

Old 03-13-01, 06:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your advice! I will unplug the appliance and see if that trick works. Sears would not provide me help over the phone, so I had to schedule a technician to come in and check the problem out (which will cost me $60!). Oh well! I would prefer having a working oven.

Thanks again.

Mini

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: