New Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer won't start

Old 03-15-01, 01:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

This isa brand new top of the line Kenmore Elite Gas dryer (model 110.71082000). It was delivered to our new home and setup 1 week ago. I went to use it today, and I push any of the buttons on it, nothing happens... I know there is power because there is a list inside the bin that works. I know the Gas valve is open. What else can I check? I would think it shoud do SOMETHING, when I hit any of the buttons.. I know the dryer was unplugged and moved a few inches, then moved back... the gas line was never touched from when they installed it.... Anyhelp? Thanks!!

Harvey

Old 03-15-01, 08:05 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Positive Words

Hi: Harvey

Hello and welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances forum.

The dryer may not work but all is not lost. You have two positives on your side.

First thing to check is the door. It must be fully closed for the dryer to start anything. The door safety switch may be defective or not pushed in enough by the door. Then check all the control selections. Be sure all selections are set correctly.

This would be as far as I recomend you go. You should not attempt to locate the problem once your positive all the normal checks are made.

Since the appliance is only one week old, contact Sears. Explain the problem and request they sendout a service representative.

Sears is a good company company that will want you to be happy with your new appliance. They will correct the problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: