Help Needed: Old Caloric Oven Diagnostic?

Old 11-09-14, 10:23 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help Needed: Old Caloric Oven Diagnostic?

Hello - have been browsing the forums to try and find the issue but no luck so am posting for the first time. I have an old Caloric in wall oven that is currently not heating up. Basically will not start at all. I turn the knob but there it seems there is no ignition at all. I'm trying to at least determine the model number but nothing is listed anywhere on the oven. Does anyone recognize this model from the pictures I've taken?

In addition, I know this is a DIY forum but given time constraints, does anyone have recommendations for oven repairmen in the Queens, NY area? I much rather just pay someone to fix whatever is wrong with it.

Old 11-09-14, 10:30 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
It is against forum policy to recommend a repair person however we will try to help you DIY it. Is this an oven you own in your own house or is it an oven that is included in an apartment you rent?

Old 11-09-14, 10:32 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
it is an oven in a home I own. Oven came with the house and judging from the kitchen (which I didn't bother to renovate when I purchased the home back in 2009), I would venture to say that this is the original oven that came with the kitchen back several decades ago. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 11-09-14, 10:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,403 Votes on 1,298 Posts
That oven is from around 1960. I had the same one in the home I grew up in.
The model number should be behind one of the doors but be advised..... Caloric went out of business years ago and there are very few parts around for them.

That oven should have a pilot light in it. You may find it in the bottom of the upper oven or in the top of the broiler section.

Old 11-11-14, 09:18 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If memory serves me you have a "flame switch" type pilot. Take a look and see if the pilot flame heats what appears to be a little bar with a silver tube that goes back to a switch with 2wires attached. Don't you pro's laugh at my description.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: