surface of range

Old 03-27-01, 05:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I have a range with a chipped surface (porcelian)I think. Can this be repaired? Is there a kit or somthing, help?
Old 03-27-01, 06:27 PM
Sharp Advice's Avatar
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 1998
Location: The Shake and Bake State USA
Posts: 9,927
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello and welcome Danny to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances forum.

The surface can be fixed. If the damaged area isn't too large, done correctly, it would hardly even be noticed.

The paint can be obtained at the appliance parts store. Ask for an instruction guide or manual also.

Be aware that fixing porcelain isn't an easy task. Porcelain is a factory baked on finish.

Fixing the surface can be a difficult task. If the area to cover is large, chances are it will be easily noticed.

Small repairs are less visable but even these can almost always be seen when viewed up close.

Hardware store appliance paint, in a spray can, may not match the color correctly. Making the fixed area even more noticaeble.
Old 03-27-01, 06:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Thanks Tom, this is a small area just on the corner. I"ll be going to a appliance store tomorrow to look for this kit. Once more thanks!!!!!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: