outdoor, built-in natural gas grill question

Old 06-07-15, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
outdoor, built-in natural gas grill question

quick question....a buddy of mine is helping to build a custom brick and stone outdoor kitchen area at my home. nothing too fancy. small fireplace and a grill area/island. should be cool...hopefully get it done before the hot temps kick in here in NC.

anyhow...I was planning to install a built-in/drop in gas grill. but I am surprised to see so few choices out there in my price range. since the grill island is going to house my Big Green Egg charcoal grill (for smoking and such), I really just wanted a smaller (NG) gas grill...like 2 or 3 burners. for those times when I don't want to fool with charcoal. but I want it integrated into the kitchen...ie, I don't want a BBQ surround. I want it sitting in the kitchen counter....and pretty much all I see at Lowes/HD is $800+ and are 4+ burners.

my guy suggested I just buy a normal gas grill (grill box, no side burners or "wings" and instead of assembling it on its normal base, mount it on my brick cut-out, supported by some heavy duty angle iron. any thoughts there? anyone done this? is that ok? anything I should look out for in terms of mounting it, ventilation, or safety?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-15, 02:13 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I noticed a Weber three burner NG for $519 at the big orange box. I would consider modifying something like that. Quality build and replacement parts available. I would have some venting below the firebox.