BBQ burner problems.

Old 06-11-15, 06:42 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBQ burner problems.

I have a 5 burner Perfect Flame BBQ and am experiencing burner problems.

2 of the burners work perfectly.

1 lights, but the flame is restricted to the very front of the burner and shoots out a strong blue and yellow flame. SEE PHOTO 1

The other two will not light despite a strong starter flame coming from the hole off to the side of the burners. SEE PHOTO 2

I had a spare set of new burners, but they do not make a difference.

Help needed...

Attached Images   
Old 06-11-15, 09:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,323 Likes on 2,984 Posts
You need to check for clogged orifices. It's the brass part that the burned fits over. There is a tiny hole that the gas comes out of. This hole is easily plugged from spider webs. The spiders crawl in and spin a web. Then the pressure blows the nest into the little hole and it's clogged.

The following picture shows you what they look like and how small the holes are. You can use a small piece of wire, a pin, sometimes a single bristle from a wire brush.

Name:  orifices.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  6.9 KB

Old 06-12-15, 07:10 AM
T
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Removed and checked the orifices, but they are completely clear.

Re-installed and no change...

Old 06-12-15, 08:00 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello TomLusk and Welcome into the Gas Appliances topic.

Might need to check further. Spiders and spider webs sometimes are made in the threaded pipe nipple the orifice screws onto. Once the orifice is removed from the pipes threaded nipple, you'll need to check for a web inside that nipple. If a web is inside it, you may or may not be able to see it.

To check and remove it, suggestion is to use a smoking pipe cleaner. Insert it into the nipple and twist it around. Then slowly remove it. Might even need to fold pipe cleaner in half and insert it into the pipe nipple, twist and remove. Objective is to remove any unseen web.

One method while inserting the pipe cleaner is to have the gas on. As long as there is no source of ignition in the work area, remove orifice first then turn burner knob on and while gas is coming out insert and twist pipe cleaner. Then remove pipe cleaner. You might be able to hear and or see web pop out or come out as you remove the pipe cleaner.

Based solely on the second photo provided above, the flames do not appear to be coming out of the orifice.... but do appear to be coming from what ever that part is next to the burner.

There is an identical part to the left and next to the burner adjacent to the one in the same photo without a flame. Are we sure where the flame is, is in fact an orifice... More photos from the other direction and directly above would provide proof positive where the flame is coming from is an orifice...

Old 06-12-15, 09:12 AM
T
More photos-

I have attached a couple of photos to give a better view.

The first shows where the igniter is in the vertical oblong hole.

The second shows the orifice behind the round hole and inside a vertical oblong hole.

I have my doubts this is a common configuration.

I guess I will try and find some pipe cleaners- will anything else work, I wonder.

Attached Images   

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: