AMANA gas stove: front burners will not light

Old 07-10-15, 05:58 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AMANA gas stove: front burners will not light

Amana ARG77102W P1143347N W

I took the grates and the caps off front burners, cleaned the burner and igniter. turn to light - no spark but could hear clicking - removed same from back burners - which do light - cleaned all - when I turn the front burner on the igniter for the back starts sparking but gas comes from burner in front same side - turn on the back burner and it lights. any idea? the front was working well until today... cooked on it yesterday.

Last edited by PJmax; 07-10-15 at 06:14 PM. Reason: put model number in text
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-15, 06:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,115 Votes on 1,035 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure exactly what happened in your case. Did the spark just stop and you cleaned or did the spark stop after you cleaned ?

That is a Whirlpool built appliance.

Your range uses a spark module that is turned on by any of the four gas burner controls. All four burners spark at the same time.

Usually what happens is the ignitors get wet. The picture below shows what they look like. The tip of the ignitor is supposed to arc the burner. If wet...... it can travel to ground with no visible arc.

Name:  spark.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  9.2 KB

Old 07-10-15, 06:40 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
spark quit working and then I cleaned - stove has not been on since yesterday - no water was used - it quit working and then I cleaned it - I did not check to see if both back burners were firing when I tried one front burner - there was no water involved. thanks for your quick response

Old 07-10-15, 06:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,115 Votes on 1,035 Posts
You can lift the stove top and switch leads on the spark module to see if problem moves to a different burner. In the link below..... pictorial part 14 is the spark module.

WHIRLPOOL | ARG7102L (BOM: P1143347N L) | 04 - Main Top