Jenn Air Downdraft Gas Range... grease on the floor?

Old 07-27-15, 12:48 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Jenn Air Downdraft Gas Range... grease on the floor?

Hi everyone...

So, the range that came with my house was a very new (like 3 months old) Jenn Air downdraft model. Nice fixture.

Fastforward to now (1.5 years later)... I noticed grease all over the floor on the left side of the range.

In checking out the use & care manual (previous owners were kind enough to leave that), I noticed that there is in fact a grease 'cup' that needs occassional emptying out.

So, I popped off the bottom panel, found the grease cup and it was bone dry.

Scratching my head as to what to check next... Dont want to call in a service company if I dont need to..

Suggestions?

Old 07-27-15, 01:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Is the filter element in place? It will catch a bunch of grease borne crud before it gets to the puke cup. If it is cleaned frequently, grease won't pass by it. If it is not in place, the grease is most likely running down the sides of the chute and bypassing the intended route of the element.

Old 07-27-15, 02:15 PM
Probably not the case, just throwing it out. Some models have 2 cups.

Old 07-27-15, 02:30 PM
S
hmmmm. I have to figure out where the (grease filter?) filter would be... I have done nothing in terms of cleaning out grease lines (?) or anything like that--never had a stove that required this!

If we used the grille cartridge, I would totally understand this grease issue. We swapped in a burner cartridge right away (grill was also never used by previous owners)

Old 07-27-15, 02:33 PM
S
Ohhhh! you mean this?

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...13b103c43&mr=0

THAT could explain it... I dont think we have been doing much for cleaning that out. I have notices that the down draft intake gets very greasy--I do clean that out when I catch it (DW doesnt seem to notice it )

I also did not see a second cup-- manual doesnt indicate there is one, but definitely something I should triple check

Old 07-27-15, 04:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Zippity do da, you bet, that's it. I have one that a client was "throwing away" after they had me change it out. It was a year old. It is in my canning area in the basement. Nice. I was unaware of the cup, so I will look for mine, too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: