Whirlpool Gas Range Not Boiling Water

Old 08-04-15, 11:22 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Gas Range Not Boiling Water

I'm new to the Gas Range World and have only lived in my house with a gas range for 3 weeks. It's a few years old but not old enough that I think it needs to be replaced. However, in an hour of full natural gas power, a pot of water still will not boil. I called the gas company, they came out today and said the household pressure is at 4 which apparently is good. He said, " I think you might need to buy a stove that does what you want it to do". Uhhhh, i'd like it to boil water the same as any other homeowner out there. I poked at the holes in the burners and they don't seem clogged but i'm not sure what else to do. Does it have a governor on it that maybe needs to be released? It's a Whirlpool W10200947B. Can someone suggest something and/or tell me who I should have come out?

Old 08-04-15, 02:48 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 791 Votes on 728 Posts
I suspect your range or part of your range was not converted to natural gas usage. Do you have the same problem with all the burners? How does the oven do? Can it get up to set temperature in a reasonable time? How do the flames look?

Old 08-04-15, 02:48 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
What color is the flame? Does it have a blue tint, to it?

Old 08-04-15, 02:54 PM
T
The flame is mostly blue with small spurts of orange. All 4 burners are about equal in height, about 1 inch, but none of them are high enough to touch the pot. The middle, griddle burner is about a quarter inch high and barely warms the pan. I believe the oven is mostly okay. It heats in about 10 minutes but I've never tried to use it hotter than 350

Last edited by trish8794; 08-04-15 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 08-04-15, 02:58 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Open the top. Look for an adjustment that regulates the flame.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: