Kenmore propane kitchen stove making strange noises

Old 08-04-15, 05:12 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore propane kitchen stove making strange noises

Hi there,

I have a Kenmore propane stove and I just noticed that when I turn on the burners or the oven it sounds like there is water dripping somewhere. The sound starts and stops immediately when the burners are turned on or off and is delayed by about 5 seconds when the oven is turned on or off. I have not been able to find any info about this, maybe it has always been like this and I just never noticed?

Thanks for your help

Old 08-04-15, 06:56 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 785 Votes on 722 Posts
I would guess it's the ticking sound of metal expanding and contracting. The metal expands when a burner is lit and contracts when it cools after turning a burner off.

Old 08-04-15, 07:55 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
@Pilot Dane

I understand the clicking you are describing and this is not it. If I didn't know better I would say it sounds like a liquid dripping onto metal. This dripping sound has now become something that sounds like water flowing through a pipe. Is it common to be able to hear the gas flowing through the pipe to the stove?

I cannot smell any propane and there are no other suspicious sounds (ie hissing)

Old 08-04-15, 10:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,403 Votes on 1,298 Posts
If it's a rushing noise it could be the sound of the propane regulator. Some of them can be noisy.

The LP is a liquid in the tank but strictly a gas when in the pipes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: