Gas stove burners only light sometimes

Old 08-08-15, 09:15 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas stove burners only light sometimes

I have a 30' gas range. There are four burners on top and the oven underneath. . I ALWAYS get spark always when trying to turn any of the four burners. There are 2 spark igniters... one for 2 burners and another for the other 2 burners. They both look fine and it looks like the spark jumps good. All the burner holes are clean, clean clean. Nevertheless, ALL the 4 burners wont light sometimes. Once they do by lighting it with a match, they will work fine for a while over and over and over, till you try again an hour later. Then it the same old problem.

I even tried another spark module I had laying around which I believe was good, thinking it was a weak spark.

Could it be a bad gas regulator valve?? I did notice that even when they all do work, if I try to light up all four at a time, the fourth one always takes a bit longer to turn on, whichever the 4th burner maybe

Old 08-09-15, 05:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Post make and model# and somebody will be able to help

Old 08-09-15, 06:08 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The model number is GE RGB506EY1WH

Old 08-09-15, 08:05 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello George and Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Could it be a bad gas regulator valve?? Nope. Not likely. Nor the spark module.

Most likely the air shutters on each burner tube. The fuel supply, if natural gas, tends to slightly leaner or richer at times. Little know fact. Try adjusting one air shutter in a slightly more closed position to richen the air to fuel ratio. Slightly richer air to fuel ratio often corrects the described condition. Might take a few minutes and or a few tries but worth the effort, IMO.

BTW:
Once the correct air to fuel ratio for each burner is set and working correctly, might want to reinstall the original spark module.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: