Burner on Thermador PRG304 won't light - gas does not flow to burner

Old 10-25-15, 07:19 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Burner on Thermador PRG304 won't light - gas does not flow to burner

Hi,

We have a Thermador gas range, model PRG304. The front left burner which has an XLO setting stopped working when I turned the knob too fast one time. Now when I turn the nob, there is a spark, but there is no sound/hiss of gas, so no gas is flowing to the burner. We're trying to figure out what the problem could be and possibly fix it ourselves instead of getting hit with a high repair bill. Watching a video I found on YouTube, it seems like the problem may be the electronic board just behind the knob (relatively easy to figure out) or the gas valve (much more involved). We haven't tried switching the boards of the front and back burners to see if that solves the problem, but if that doesn't solve it, and before buying the valve (around $125), does anyone know if there could be another reason (some loose connection?) why gas is not flowing to the burner?
Thank you very much.

Old 10-25-15, 08:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,418 Votes on 1,311 Posts
Is this a PRG304US model ?

Hopefully it's the little potentiometer board on the gas valve. You can swap two boards among burners to determine if it's bad. Chances are when you turned it hard you cracked it.

Here's a service bulletin in regards to replacing the pot boards.
updated/service/bulletin189816.pdf

Old 10-25-15, 08:17 PM
R
Thanks PJMax. Yes, it's the PRG304US model. Just to make sure I understand, you mention the little switch board on the gas valve. Are you talking about the 2 by 2 brown square electronic board just behind the knobs, or are you referring to something that sits with the gas valve which is deep down under the burners? Thanks so much.

Old 10-25-15, 08:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,418 Votes on 1,311 Posts
Yes.... the board sits on the control valve shaft just behind the knob.

Old 10-25-15, 09:32 PM
R
Thanks again, and thanks for the service bulletin. We'll try that and I'll report back here. Thanks so much.
-Rima

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: