GE JVM1653 Above Range Mircowave Headscratcher

Old 06-19-17, 05:42 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE JVM1653 Above Range Mircowave Headscratcher

Hey guys. I have the above model microwave and it is a little less than a year old. Recently it has started acting crazy!! It will cook food for the time you tell it to but then it will shut off after it completes the cooking time. It doesn't do this all the time but just randomly. It will stay off for anywhere from 1-15 minutes. Any ideas on what to clean, replace, or do? I appreciate the thoughts!! Let me know if you need anymore details. I have called a few repair ppl in my area, Huntsville, AL and none of them work on microwaves.

Old 06-19-17, 09:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
microwave guys in later, Just so they know it is a OTR one. Les than a year call GE with complete model # and serial# found inside door. Should have a year warranty.

Old 06-26-17, 12:44 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
So this is not in warranty apparently so now I am trying to decide if I should buy another or what to do? Any thoughts out there?

Old 06-26-17, 10:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
It will cook food for the time you tell it to but then it will shut off after it completes the cooking time
Isn't that what it's supposed to do ?

That model shows discontinued for a while. You said a year old but I'm guessing it's much older. If you did buy it in the last year and have a receipt... it is under warranty.

Microwave ovens are not basic DIY repairs. Some electronics knowledge is needed due to the high voltages involved.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: