need help finding information on vintage gas range

Old 08-05-17, 05:12 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need help finding information on vintage gas range

I have a vintage Kenmore Maid-o-Matic 5 burner, 36" gas range with rotisstrie. It is in very good condition and I would like to repair and use it in my kitchen. I have a very clear model and serial number, so finding parts should be no problem except ... every place I check they either say the model number doesn't exist or they give me another model number that does not pertain to my range. Granted, the range is old, mid 1950's, but even Searsdirect.com can't seem to find the number. I know it was made by Whirlpool. The model number is 103.233700. Does anyone have an idea where I could find information or parts for this range? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-05-17, 11:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,509 Votes on 1,396 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

A little bit before my time but as far as I know.... your stove was made by Roper.
Whirlpool didn't acquire Roper until the late 80's.

Try using 103.7337000 as the model number.
KENMORE GAS RANGE Parts | Model 1037337000 | Sears Parts Direct

Old 08-06-17, 03:57 PM
W
Thanks

After looking more, you are correct, the range was made by Roper. The site I got my information from originally only listed "modern" serial numbers. Looking at two other sites confirm that the older numbers are Roper.

As far as the link you provided with the 103.7337000 model number, this is not the correct model. From what I can find, this isn't even a Maid-o-Matic model. It is a 4 burner, basic cooktop that doesn't have any of the features that mine has. I am not sure, but it appears to be a 30" range, not a 36". Since some of the needed parts are the flair tubes from the pilots, these parts won't fit even if the did have them. Most of the parts listed on this model aren't even available anymore. Searsdirect.com doesn't seem to list any of their vintage ranges.

Would you have any other ideas of where I could get more information or possibly a source for parts? I have no problem using salvage parts if that is my only option. I am totally disheartened with the modern range that I bought last October since the main control panel has been replaced twice since I bought it.
My reason for refurbishing this vintage range is so I don't need to deal with unneeded electronics on a gas range.

This is turning out to be more challenging than I had thought but I'm not giving up yet.

Thanks again for the information, it gives me a new avenue to search.

Old 08-06-17, 04:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Don't know it this will help you but I found this page of vintage range parts.
google/search=vintage+range+parts

Last edited by PJmax; 08-06-17 at 10:35 PM. Reason: corrected link
Old 08-06-17, 10:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,509 Votes on 1,396 Posts
Also try the following.......... Antique Stove Parts

Old 08-07-17, 01:46 PM
W
Thanks for the links, everyone. Now that I am looking at roper, I am starting to have a little more success in finding similar parts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: