Discontinued Gas Regulator...Can I use an aftermarket part?

Old 01-12-18, 11:26 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Discontinued Gas Regulator...Can I use an aftermarket part?

I bought a Miele KM 404 gas cooktop on ebay and recently realized it was supposed to come with a pressure regulator, which it didn't. I contacted Miele and they think the part has been discontinued (they're still waiting to hear from the factory in Germany). I'm trying to figure out if I can use another regulator. I know all or most cooktops say to only use the original manufacturer's part, but I don't know if that is actually true or just because of liability issues.

To complicate things, I asked for a part number from Miele so I could try to find one and they said it's simply "KM gas regulator w/ISO nipple."

I've seen a lot of parts that look identical to the Miele part, but that is likely my untrained eye.

Are there differences in the threading between European appliances and American (metric vs. imperial)?
Does anyone know of another appliance company that may be the best fit (i.e. Bosch, Viking, etc.)?
Anyone have any advice?

Old 01-12-18, 01:53 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 63,060
Received 3,594 Upvotes on 3,223 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There are many regulators that look identical but operate at different pressures. Some are adjustable and some are not. I'll look around and see if I can find out anything for you.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: