Glenwood gas oven overheats

Old 05-12-01, 06:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I bought a used Glenwood gas stove. The thermostat does not seem to work and the oven temperature constantly rises regardless of the temperature set.
The model number is GBK28FG 0 and has a manufactured date of 93 01.
Is it truly the thermostat? Is there anything that could have shaken loose in the move?
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-12-01, 07:36 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello The_Lady_Tee and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliance forum.

About the only thing you can check is the temperature sensor. It's the element tube suspended inside the ovens baking compartment.

This item is attached directly to the thermostat. In order for it to correctly sense the ovens temperature, it must not be touching the walls of the oven. It must be suspended by one or two clips. The clips hold the tube and the clips are held in place by their clips into holes in the oven.

If all the above are correct and the oven will not hold the temperature you select, there are only two choices. If the temperature is within 50 degrees of the selected temperature, the thermostat can be recalibrated.

If the above is not the case or the ovens temperature will not hold, the only other option is to have the thermostat replaced. Contact your local appliance service dealer for repairs or parts replacements.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 07-02-01, 08:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy glenwood stove

I inherited a glenwood gas stove when I bought my duplex. I have no paperwork for it, but wondered if you have problems with the porcelain peeling off the stove top? The stove is about 15-20 years old. Just wondering if it is peculiar to the brand. I touch it up with porcelain paint, but the tenants do number in it.... Bonnie

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: