Frigidaire FGF348KSE Gas Range

Old 03-20-18, 06:22 PM
Received 17 Votes on 12 Posts
Frigidaire FGF348KSE Gas Range

My nephew called me this evening looking for ideas on his new used gas range. It hasn't been used in a few years and he got a good deal on it. It's approximately 15 years old. The problem is that as soon as he plugs it in the surface burner igniters start working (clicking). All burner controls are set to OFF, but all the igniters act as if the controls were all turned to the "LITE" position. I easily found the Installation and Owner/User manuals and emailed them to him. When I reviewed them, I didn't see anything helpful with this problem. I'd appreciate any ideas out there.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-18, 12:52 AM
Group Moderator
Received 215 Votes on 204 Posts
Here's the manual suite for your range...... Frigidaire Range Manual

The "tech data" page is the wiring diagram. There are either four or six burner gas controls. There is a switch on each burner shaft just behind the knob/panel. Those switches are in parallel. Any switch on activates the spark module and all burners spark. These switches switch the hot to the spark module. One of those switches is bad and shorted on. You'll need to lift the cooktop to access the switches.

The switches are sold in a wired set. I have repaired some in the past.
The set part # 316580615
Name:  ws.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  23.1 KB

Old 03-21-18, 07:00 AM
That's good information. I haven't been around a gas range in many years and have never worked on one. It appears that the spark module sparks at all burners regardless of which switch is activated by any of the control knobs, is that correct?

Old 03-21-18, 11:19 AM
Group Moderator
There are two type of spark systems. One is re-ignition where the spark only operates on the selected burner. It sparks until the burner actually lights and then shuts off. If the burner blows out... the spark will restart and relight it.

Then there is the common spark system where when any burner switch is activated..... all the burners spark. That's what you have there.

Old 03-23-18, 07:31 AM
Thanks, PJ, I appreciate the all the information. I found the necessary part on Parts Select and Googled the Frigidaire part number and found numerous other places to buy the part. I also found this to be a commonly used part on Sears Kenmore ranges manufactured by Frigidaire. The next challenge is whether my nephew can figure out how to raise the top of the range to find the bad harness with Ignitor Switches and follow the red wire to find the Ignitor Module. Do you have any idea where the Ignitor Module is located?

Old 03-23-18, 04:55 PM
Group Moderator
In the "manual suite" link I left..... the parts manual has a pretty good exploded parts view.

None of the diagrams I could find show the exact location of the module. It's either going to be under the stovetop or accessible from a plate on the back of the range. I've seen them in both locations.