Tappan Continuous Cleaning Oven

Old 05-13-01, 11:07 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

The oven portion is not working. There is no pilot light. One day the oven was working and the next day the oven never got warm. The Tappan is model 36-3272-23 and serial number is 04102-15151343. This oven has electronic ignition and there is no noise indicating that the oven is trying to light. There is a click when turning the oven on which occurs upon reaching about 350 degrees on the knob and the oven is set on manual. This stove came with the house purchased in 1996. Last year we had a similar problem and had some corroded parts replaced. I can't remember exactly all that was replaced. Is this something I can repair myself or do I need to call the repair company?
Any suggestions that might help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Cindy F

Old 05-14-01, 05:50 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Cindy and welcome to the do it yourself web site and thanks for posting your question in my gas appliances forum.

There are several possibilities.

The glow coil burned out.
Thermostat may click but not make contact.
There is a defcetive control or switch on the control panel.
Burner out gas valve fuse.
ETC.

Within the archives of this forum are several questions exactly like yours. Check them for more information on locating and repairing the problem.

Be sure to unplug the appliance from the electrical power prior to any repairs or tests.

You may have to contact a local service agent if unable to correct the problem since electronic ignition systems can be rather difficult to diagnose the cause of a problem.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: