gas water heater

Old 05-15-01, 01:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I want to replace the thermocouple on my gas water heater, but I can't find instructions on how to do it. Any suggestions where I can find this type of information?
Old 05-15-01, 05:56 PM
Sharp Advice's Avatar
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 1998
Location: The Shake and Bake State USA
Posts: 9,927
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello and Welcome nlombs to the Do It Yourself Web Site and posting a question in my Gas Appliance forum.

The instructions will be included in or on the package containing the new replacement thermocouple.

All residential water heater thermocouples are the same length and type. The package contents are generic. Therefore, several of the clips will not be needed.
Read the instructions and do not overtighten the tubing nuts or thermocouple nut.

Do soap test both aluminum tubes after reinstalling the burner assembly. Your most likely going to have to remove the complete burner assembly, on most models, to complete the task.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: