Gas oven airflow issue

Old 11-15-18, 04:40 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas oven airflow issue

My gas oven lights fine but as it is heating up after about five minutes or so it will shut off. The only way to get around this is to pull it out a couple of feet from the wall, and then it works great. What can I do to remedy this?

Old 11-15-18, 06:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I have never heard of that before. Usually they draw air in from under the front and the back and don't really require much air. How old is the stove ? Do you smell gas when it's running ? It may require a new igniter.

Old 11-16-18, 04:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Is there a flex line connected to stove. When pushed in gas line may be getting pinched.

Old 11-16-18, 11:19 AM
G
It was in the home when we bought it, so it may be 15+ years old. It is a Whirlpool SF114PXSB2. I don't think it's the ignition as it lights right up--but just turns off after 5 minutes unless it is pulled out from the wall. We did smell a gas leak yesterday (probably from pulling it out and pushing it back every time we bake) but I changed the tubing and that solved that.

Old 11-16-18, 11:27 AM
G
The hose getting possibly pinched is a possibility. Never thought of that. With the new line in I will turn on the oven without it being pulled out, and see what happens.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: