Gas Oven and Broiler issues

Old 12-10-18, 06:15 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Oven and Broiler issues

Hi i have a Maytag Gas Stove and when the Gas oven and broiler ignites the flame comes on then goes off then ignites over and over ...What could possibly be the problem?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ...Thanks

Old 12-10-18, 08:06 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 855 Votes on 789 Posts
Maytag made many different stoves and not all work alike. What model number is your stove? With the specific model number our experts can give you better advice.

Old 12-10-18, 06:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,475 Votes on 1,363 Posts
Typically that problem happens with the oven...... very rarely the broiler unless you use it a lot. If it's the oven that is cycling..... change the hot surface igniter. It's gotten weak. The igniter must glow bright white in order for the safety valve to remain open.

Old 07-05-19, 06:03 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Intermittent Igniter...

Hi - I have an older GE Gas stove/oven. The oven has become very intermittent, where sometimes it lights and sometimes it doesn't. It uses barrel type glow igniters and I've replaced both the bake and broil igniters. When it fails, both Bake and Broil have the same symptom; the igniter starts to glow but only for 10 or less seconds. Suddenly the oven beeps, the igniters turn off, and that's it. No error codes are generated. When it works, it works with no issues...Can't seem to cause or repair the issue. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't :-( . Any ideas?
The unit is a GE JGSP10GEK3BG.

Thx

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: