gas water heater vent

Old 05-28-01, 11:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

We will be adding on a new room, I would like to move a gas water-heater, to the new basement under the new room. My question is with no enterer walls in the new GREAT ROOM how can I vent the water-heater to the outdoors?
Old 05-28-01, 05:23 PM
Sharp Advice's Avatar
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 1998
Location: The Shake and Bake State USA
Posts: 9,927
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Difficult To Say

Hello and Welcome labarnas to the Do It Yourself Web Site and thanks for posting a question in my Gas Appliance forum.

Your project deserves the attention of a licensed plumber. This text only format will not allow for explicit step by step instructions, since there are many unknown details and circumstances to evaluate.

Any costs incurred for a professional installation is worth the costs when relocating or installing a gas appliances venting system. There are codes that need to be meet and safety issue to be concerned with.

Therefore, in my opinion, it would be both wise and prudent to have this phase of the project done by a professional.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: