Monogram gas range subtle clicking behind knobs

Old 06-25-19, 10:10 PM
Monogram gas range subtle clicking behind knobs

Hi everyone! Our gas range started to make a low clicking noise coming from somewhere behind the knobs. It is different with the spark noise when turning on the fire. This one is lower and once per second more or less. When I turn on the fire the noise is gone, and would come back when the fire is off, after 5-10 seconds! It is not as loud or annoying as the clicking from the igniters, but it is clicking all the time... any suggestion on how to approach this problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-19, 06:50 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 208
It sounds like a possible bad spark module. The only way to confirm that is to disconnect the power to it. Typically the module installs thru the back of the range.

With a model number I could check further.

Old 06-26-19, 10:17 PM
I cannot find the model number (locations mentioned on GE site - left most knob or bottom of control panel did not work), but it is an older version of this one: ZDP486NDPSS

I experimented a bit more and the clicking could be related to the griddle, which we never (ever!) used since we moved in (and in fact I even thought it was electric!). After turning on/off the griddle, the clicking stopped for like 10 minutes!?