Convert Grill to Natural Gas

Old 08-09-19, 01:17 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Convert Grill to Natural Gas

Trying to avoid buying a new grill, I have a char-broil performance 4 burner grill. I've been looking to convert this to natural gas after dealing with bad propane tanks (leaks when turned on at the hose connection to the tank) hassle etc. I've seen the conversion videos, looked at the manual, website, but can't see a duel fuel sticker on my grill or listed anywhere as known to be duel fuel. I looked at my grill and can take the orifices out like the videos but is something else supposed to be setup for NG (like a regulator) or is that all that needs to be done is having bigger orifice openings?

I'd have a plumber install a hookup outside and was trying to avoid another expense of a grill which together wouldn't convince me to stop lugging tanks around.

Old 08-09-19, 03:11 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
According to my information grill manufactures are no longer providing or allowing there grills t be converted from NG to propane or vice versa.

Old 08-10-19, 04:12 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
That is an inexpensive grill. Having natural gas run to the grill will likely be more expensive than the grill. If you are having trouble with leaks at the propane tank connection I would replace that hose/regulator assembly. It's probably about $30.

Old 09-14-19, 07:25 AM
Received 23 Upvotes on 20 Posts
i have a char-broil grill and ordered a nat gas conversion it from the company earlier this year... haven't hooked it up yet. Go to their web site and enter your model, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: