Gaggenau KG291210CA Clicking then flame go out

Old 05-19-20, 08:16 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gaggenau KG291210CA Clicking then flame go out

I have Gaggenau KG291210CA from 2011. It started clicking occasionally a few years ago during use after being lit sometimes right away sometimes after several minites of cooking. Blowing on flame, moving pan or turning down flame usually made it stop. If you didnt catch it within ~5 secs the stove would turn off. Lately it has gotten worse and now stove is frequently going out after it trys to reignite the already lit flame. Starting a few days ago the stove will suddnly shut off while cooking sometimes it will click once or twice and wont turn back on for about 1 hour. After turning on it works some minites and goes off again. Any suggestion where to look

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-20, 09:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 762 Votes on 715 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That is an appliance company that I am not familiar with.

Does this problem happen with every burner ?
When you pull the burner cap off..... you should see the igniter.
It is very important that the igniter is IN the flame.
Many times the burner gets dirty and the flame doesn't touch the igniter.

Old 05-19-20, 09:36 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am pretty sure its bascially a bosch coocktop internally as parts cross reference and bosch is parent company. The igniters are in flame. I try to clean all the igniters and caps but the worse problem now is the stove quickly shuts off entirely which is possible 2nd problem since doesnt always happen during clicking times and I have to wait hours before I can attempt to use it again so diagnosis is difficult. All igniter have same resistance 1k ohm +/- 5%. Suspect control board but hopefully I am wrong. I disassembled cooktop here photo if it helps. In progress of cleaning spills also.

Last edited by Hay otsuka; 05-19-20 at 09:58 PM.